How and why we have become what we are today and what potential we still have!
over 70 years of rettenmeier®
QUALITY THROUGH TRADITION
Cordes GmbH from Bremerhaven took over the rettenmeier® Group in January 2015. After the takeover, Rettenmeier Holding and all subsidiaries were to be continued in their current form as independent companies within the Cordes Group.
In 1990, the company set the course for successful expansion with the takeover of a wood factory in Tannhausen/Württemberg and the construction of a new production plant in Hirschberg/Thuringia. Over the next few years the firm enjoyed dynamic growth, acquiring new sites and setting up factories.
In 1969, technical progress and subsequent industrialisation allowed important work processes to move from the great outdoors to workshops and production halls. The first workstations were set up at the central wood machining yard and the smallwood sawmill in Wilburgstetten, where the registered office of the Holding AG are located today.
In 1946, after qualifying in forestry and working for various forestry offices, Josef Rettenmeier moved into the timber industry. There he was employed by a pitwood trading company, responsible for organising the transport of timber from the east of Württemberg to the coal mines of Germany's Ruhrgebiet.
Johannes Deißler was the village mayor of Wört and passed away in 1925. Company founder Josef Rettenmeier was born in the same year. It is said of his grandfather that he was so overjoyed at the birth of his grandson that he erroneously put the date of birth down on the birth certificate as a day earlier: 16 March 1925.